This is so accurate. At school, we literally have children who will watch our facial expressions to see if them falling is as bad as they think it might be.
CORRECT CHILD INJURY PROCEDURE:
- do not react. at the most, maybe wince and go “ooooh”
- go over to the child to assess panic level and severity of injury
- if they’re like, dying, remain calm, but they’re probably not.
- look them in the eye and ask, “you okay?” they will nod. possibly all teary-eyed. then ask, “are we gonna need to cut it off?”
- the child is thrown off. if they giggle, you’re in the money. if they do not, put a bandaid on and do some sympathetic patting. they are probably a little teary. let the sad little bug sit out for a minute. they will quickly get bored.
- works every time
"sad little bug" is the cutest and most accurate term ive heard used to describe a child because sometimes bugs are kinda super cute sometimes bugs are really annoying and sometimes bugs are downright TERRIFYING
"Last night I couldn’t sleep
because there was an empty space
where your body use to lie
And it felt wrong without your
arm draped over my waist
Lately I’ve missed your heartbeat
pounding in my ear
when I slept with my head against your chest
And I’ve been waking up cold
because I no longer have your body to keep me warm
I haven’t slept right in months
because all I can think about is how
wrong it feels with out you here next to me"
- Insomnia: Carol Shlyakhova(strong-but-breakable)
On reading The Fellowship of the Ring
I’m currently reading The Fellowship of the Ring and up to now it was good, really good. But in this chapter, the fellowship is heading towards Moria and some wolves are following then. It is up to this point when the book is not good anymore, it is thrilling.
“Through the throat of one huge leader Aragorn passed his sword with a thrust; with a great sweep Boromir hewed the head off another. Beside them Gimli stood with his stout legs apart, wielding his dwarf-axe. The bow of Legolas was singing”.
And it was in that last part: THE BOW OF LEGOLAS WAS SINGING that I felt shivers down my spine. This book is awesome in some little details that left me thrilled to my bones.
Apple pie *__*
Everyone should watch Sky High for the sheer fact that there is a character whose mother is a superhero and father is a super villain and the kid’s name is Warren Peace.
Warren Peace, man.
He also looks like this, if that helps at all
This movie is ridiculously underrated and the fact that they didn’t get to make it a four-part series like they had planned is a tragedy
"Ven y vuelve a descubrir todo aquello junto a mí"
- La oreja de Van Gogh, Tantas cosas que contar
I kissed yesterday a boy outside my family and it was weird because I haven’t kissed anyone since you broke my heart. But it also made my stomach flutter. Confused doesn’t even start to describe it.
Después de la tormenta siempre llega la calma
Pero sé que después de ti,
Después de ti no hay nada.